On this page:
Note: All links going to other websites will open in the same window. Use the Back button to return to our site.
Call for Summit Proposals is Open
The Call for Proposals for the 67th Annual Conference: Technical Communication Summit 2020 is open. Proposals are due Monday, 30 September at 11:59 PM EDT (GMT-4).All proposals must be submitted through STC's online submission system using the 2020 Proposal Submission Form. STC's 67th Annual Conference: Technical Communication Summit 2020 15-18 May 2020 in Bellevue, Washington.
STC's 2020 Membership Season is Open
Join or Renew your STC membership today to continue receiving exclusive benefits such as the member rate for the 2020 Summit in Bellevue, Washington (STC's annual conference and exposition).
Note: Your dues may be tax deductible. For information, see https://www.stc.org/deduct-your-dues/
All STC memberships operate on a calendar year cycle and expire on 31 December. For new memberships or memberships that have lapsed more than one year, there is a $15 enrollment fee.
|Membership Category||2020 Rate|
|Professional & Academic||$225|
You may join any number of STC chapters and SIGs at the followinig rates:
- $25 per chapter (emerging nations: $10)
- $10 per SIG (emerging nations: $5)
We encourage you to add the Washington, DC – Baltimore Chapter as your home chapter or add it in addition to other chapters and SIGs you may join. Why should you join STC and the Washington, DC – Baltimore Chapter? The Washington, DC – Baltimore Chapter offers many opportunities to network with others in your field in the Washington, DC metropolitan area such as First Friday Lunches, InfoDecDC Meetups, Happy Hours, and chapter events. You can explore your interests and expand your education and skills by attending webinars, TC Summer Camp, and participating in chapter committees and our technical communication competition. See Why Should You Join the WDCB Chapter? for more reasons to join the chapter.
STC is Working to Bring More Value to Your Membership!
STC is excited to tell you that we have added the following new benefits for 2020 for increased value and a direct return on your professional investment:
- New asynchronous online education courses, which let you work through course material at your own pace, over a set time period.
- New Health & Medicine Special Interest Group.
- New Salary Database, which will only be available for free to 2020 members (coming soon).
- New Member Perks discounts from Blasty, BookingCommunity.com, GE, and ReillyCo Advertising.
See the following links for more information about STC and how to join:
- Membership dues: STC's 2020 membership season is now open!
- Chart of membership levels and dues at STC Membership Levels and Benefits.
- Adjusted dues for Emerging Nations: Countries and Territories with Adjusted Dues
- Adjusted dues for Retired Membership. Note: Retired membership renewals must be completed by paper form, or by contacting the STC office at 703-522-4114. Online renewals for retired members is not available. To qualify for retired membership, you must be 65 years of age or older, working 20 hours or less in the field, and be a consecutive member of STC for 10 years or more.
- Corporate Value Program (CVP) membership: The CVP enables organizations to purchase a package of individual memberships for an entire team, at a discounted rate.
About Our Chapter
The Washington, DC – Baltimore (WDCB) Chapter of the Society for Technical Communication (STC) serves members in the Washington, DC metropolitan area (the District of Columbia, Virginia, and Maryland) and the Baltimore metropolitan area (Baltimore, Eastern Shore, and Chesapeake Bay). We also have members who live in California, Delaware, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, West Virginia, Australia, Canada, France, India, and Italy! The Society for Technical Communication (STC) is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit corporation for those interested in the arts and science of technical communication. STC is a professional society of content strategists, writers, editors, and others who communicate technical content.
- Events and News
- New chapter year
- Chapter Volunteers Needed
Current Chapter Volunteer Openings Updated: 2019-03-24
- Job Listings
WDCB Jobs Board [check the job listings daily or subscribe to the local RSS feeds]
- WDCB Technical Communication Competition
Competition News: 14 September 2019
Beginning in 2019, the WDCB will not be sponsoring our own Technical Communication Competition. WDCB joined forces with the . This endeavor entails a collaboration with the STC chapters in Atlanta, Houston, New England, New York, Philadelphia, and Rochester. The TechComm Competition committee is in planning mode. For information about the regional competition, please see the regional competition website: STC Regional TechComm Competition. The regional competition deadline has not been announced yet.
Why should you join STC and the WDCB Chapter? The WDCB chapter offers opportunities to network with others in your field, to explore your interests, and to expand your education and skills.
STC has the resources you need to help you do your job better and move your career forward. Through education with STC, you can become a Certified Professional Technical Communicator™ (CPTC).
Partnerships & Sponsorships
The STC Washington, DC – Baltimore (WDCB) Chapter is always seeking sponsors for our monthly meetings. If you're interested in promoting your business or organization while supporting the tech comm (#techcomm) community in the Washington, DC – Baltimore area, we want to hear from you! Add your name or company to our partners and sponsors for the year.
Learn how to support us as a Location Sponsor or a Platinum, Gold, Silver, Bronze, or Copper Financial Sponsor!
STC Annual Conference Information
- STC's 67th Annual Conference: Technical Communication Summit 2020, 15-18 May 2020 at the Hyatt Regency Bellevue in Bellevue, Washington
- Guide to this Year's Annual Conference
- STC's Previous Annual Conferences Session Materials
- Annual Conference Dates
The Society for Technical Communication advances technical communication as the discipline of transforming complex information into usable content for products, processes, and services.
STC serves its members by identifying and promoting best practices in the field and by demonstrating the economic value delivered by technical communicators. By providing lifelong learning opportunities, we help our members develop their skills and competencies so that they may advance in a variety of career paths.
For answers to frequently asked questions, see our FAQ.