Note: All links going to other websites will open in the same window. Use the Back button to return to our site.
Payment for events, competitions, and donations may be made through our secure transactions PayPal account to make electronic payments from a credit card, debit card, bank account, or a funded PayPal account. A PayPal Payments button is provided on registration and other forms to make your payments. As the examples show on the right, there is a button for making payments for events and a PayPal Donate button for making donations to the chapter.
The STC Washington, DC – Baltimore (WDCB) Chapter is a PayPal Verified account. A PayPal account is not required to make a secure electronic payment through PayPal. You may make up to three payments through our PayPal account without having to register for your own account. Multiple payments for events or competition entries may be made in one lump sum.
If you don't have a PayPal account, you can pay by credit card, which will be processed by our PayPal account. Credit cards accepted are: American Express, Discover, MasterCard, and Visa.
You may also use PayPal Buyer Credit if you have been approved. Just remember, adding a bank account will take a few days. Debit or credit card payments are immediate payments.
To make a payment with PayPal:
- Click on the PayPal Payments button on the relevant payment page to open a separate browser window that takes you to our secure transaction payment form. The following fields are pre-filled; do not change them:
- Pay To: shows STC Washington, DC – Baltimore Chapter.
- Payment For: shows the event name (the purpose of the payment).
- Currency: shows U.S. Dollars.
Payments must be in U.S. funds. PayPal will accept payment in sixteen currencies and make the currency conversion for you from:
- Australian Dollar
- Canadian Dollar
- Czech Koruna
- Danish Kroner
- Hong Kong Dollar
- Hungarian Forint
- New Zealand Dollar
- Norwegian Kroner
- Polish Zloty
- Pound Sterling
- Singapore Dollar
- Swedish Kronor
- Swiss Franc
- In the Amount: field, enter your total fee or the total amount that was calculated on an Event Registration form.
- Shipping & Handling: shows $0.00.
- No PayPal account? Or, you want to pay by credit card? if you don't have a PayPal account, you can pay by credit card, which will be processed by our PayPal account. For credit card payments or if you are a first time PayPal user or you are not paying from a funded PayPal account or from an established funded source (registered your credit / debit card or bank account with PayPal), take the following steps:
- Click the link "Don't have a PayPal account?" in the box below the PayPal login form.
- Fill in your Billing information and follow the instructions on the site to continue checking out.
No shipping is required (you are paying for a service).
- Click Pay to complete your payment.
- If you are paying from a registered funded source (credit / debit card or bank account) or an established PayPal account, take the following steps:
- Enter your log-in details.
- Click Continue.
- Verify the payment details or click on the "More Funding Options" link to change credit or debit card or bank account preferences.
- Click Pay.
Note: if someone else has signed up with PayPal on your computer, you may need to go through the PayPal home page's SIGN UP button to create your own account if your browser already has a PayPal cookie with the other user's information. Additional information about accounts is available from PayPal.
If you would like to sign up for a free PayPal account, you may do so at the end of the checkout process. An account is recommended to speed you through the payment process for future payments to the chapter. For instructions on how to establish a personal, premier, or business PayPal account, see https://www.paypal.com.
If you sign up with PayPal, you do not need to give them your credit card information or bank account information at all. When you sign up, PayPal will open an account for you when they verify your e-mail address. That account lets you send, receive, and withdraw money from your account as soon as you confirm your e-mail address. However, your account will start with a $0 balance.
In order to send money if you don't register your credit card or U.S. bank account, you need to add a funding source for your payments. To add funds to your account, send a personal check to PayPal or add funds with an electronic funds transfer from your checking account.