On this page:
Committee affiliation: Strategic Planning
The Strategic Planning Committee defines the chapter's mission and where the organization is headed for the next 3 years. The committee sets strategic goals for the chapter and defines ways for implementing those goals, evaluates the capabilities needed to meet the strategic objectives, defines tasks needed to achieve critical success factors, and measures whether the strategy is being met.
- In November or December, develop a budget for planned projects for the year ahead (a sample budget is available).
- Guide members of the committee so that all committee duties are fulfilled.
- Develop and distribute a contact list of committee members and their roles.
- Review existing strategic planning documentation.
- Meeting with committee members to update the plans.
- Submit a monthly status report by e-mail to the President and Vice-President (or post to the Admin Council Group's monthly status reports files) regarding all current and upcoming committee activities.
Experience and Skills
- Ability to lead a team and to work on a team
- Good time management
- Strong communication / interpersonal skills
- An outgoing and friendly personality
- Good organizational skills
- Able to meet deadlines and able to identify and report problems with meeting those deadlines; willing to ask for help when needed
- Previous experience managing a committee is a plus
Approximately 4 hours or less per month.
If you are interested in serving the chapter as a volunteer, please fill in the Volunteer Signup form.