In this section:
On this page:
Committee affiliation: Website Team
Duties include HTML production, file maintenance, and timely communication with the Web Diva. Expect to spend 5 to 10 hours a week during peak periods. Website Team Assistants work from home using a text editor such as BBEdit for the Mac or EditPlus for Windows (the preferred HTML editors).
You are expected to be an active participant in maintaining the chapter websites. You are encouraged to offer your own ideas and special talents. You may also be asked to update links to conference information. All committee members help the committee manger with status report contributions and may voice objective opinions concerning the committee's issues.
You will be asked to assist with updates to all pages on the sites.
Experience and Skills
- WordPress skills
- Familiarity with the WordPress.org 5.8.1 text editor for updating posts and information on the website
- Familiarity with HTML 5+, and CSS2 / CSS 3 editing to create and maintain accessible posts and pages for hand coding to add accessibility compliance if needed
- Familiarity with using / editing PHP 7.7 / PHP 8+ include statements to include repetitive sections of HTML or text and modularized data on multiple pages in the website
- Accessibility / Section 508 requirements
- MySQL Database management, necessary
- Familiarity with The Events Calendar suite of plugins, helpful
- Experience working with or willing to learn and use online project management tools such as Basecamp
- Knowledge of and access to FTP software
- Familiarity with file maintenance and version control
- Experience with Adobe PhotoShop and Adobe Acrobat helpful
- Your own computer with high-speed Internet access
- Browser (Firefox, Safari, Google Chrome)
- Email address (Google is preferred for working with Google calendar, Basecamp, and other tools)
- FTP application (FileZilla)
- HTML5 / CSS3 / PHP7 text editor (such as BBEdit for Macintosh or Homesite 5 for Windows)
- Word processing software
- Adobe Acrobat Pro
- Adobe Photoshop (or equivalent photo editing tool)
- Adobe Illustrator
- FAX or scanner (optional)
Expect to spend 5 to 10 hours a week during turnover periods between chapter years updating changes to chapter officers, event schedules, competitions, and so forth. Expect to spend 2 to 4 hours a week during other times for updating changes to Jobs Board, and documentation contractors/consultants pages; event announcements; conferences and seminar announcements; and other pages as needed.
If you are interested in serving the chapter as a volunteer, please fill in the Chapter Volunteer Signup Form.