In this section:
On this page:
Committee affiliation: Strategic Planning
The Strategic Planning Committee defines the chapter's mission and where the organization is headed for the next 3 years. The committee sets strategic goals for the chapter and defines ways for implementing those goals, evaluates the capabilities needed to meet the strategic objectives, defines tasks needed to achieve critical success factors, and measures whether the strategy is being met.
- In November or December, develop a budget for planned projects for the year ahead (a sample budget is available).
- Guide members of the committee so that all committee duties are fulfilled.
- Develop and distribute a contact list of committee members and their roles.
- Review existing strategic planning documentation.
- Meeting with committee members to update the plans.
- Submit a monthly status report by e-mail to the President and Vice-President (or post to the Admin Council Group's monthly status reports files) regarding all current and upcoming committee activities.
Experience and Skills
- WordPress.org 4.9.1+ Text Editor enough to post announcements
- Experience working with online project management tools such as Basecamp
- Ability to lead a team and to work on a team
- Previous experience managing a committee is a plus
- Good time management
- Strong communication / interpersonal skills
- An outgoing and friendly personality
- Good organizational skills
- Able to meet deadlines and able to identify and report problems with meeting those deadlines; willing to ask for help when needed
- Computer with high-speed Internet access
- Email address (Google is preferred for working with Google calendar, Basecamp, and other tools)
- Word processing software
- HTML / CSS / PHP text editor
Optional items that may be helpful:
- FAX or scanner
- Acrobat Pro
- Adobe PhotoShop
- Adobe Illustrator
Approximately 4 hours or less per month.
If you are interested in serving the chapter as a volunteer, please fill in the Chapter Volunteer Signup Form.