In this section:
On this page:
Committee affiliation: Competition Committee
This position is filled by the volunteer who was the previous STC Alliance Competition Chapter Representative. This role involves a low to medium level of effort from August through April or from October through May depending on the schedule for the competition. You will receive instructions on how to handle each of these components, and will work with a team to make the event successful. All to-do items are outlined in the Basecamp project plan.
The STC Alliance Competition Past Chapter Representative assists the current chapter representative's with transitioning into the Alliance Competition Council.
- Stand by to give advice to the Competition Committee when needed.
- Be available to answer questions relating to entries and winners.
- Assist the current STC Alliance Competition Chapter Representative and other managers to help complete tasks, if needed.
Experience and Skills
- Previous experience as the STC Alliance Competition Chapter Representative
- Familiarity with Facebook and Twitter use
- Familiarity with LinkedIn and other social media outlets
- Experience with online project planning and scheduling (the project is planned out using Basecamp)
- Ability to post status updates to social meda, the website, or to the administrative council.
- Ability to lead a team and to work on a team
- Previous experience managing a committee is a plus
- Good time management
- Strong communication / interpersonal skills
- An outgoing and friendly personality
- Good organizational skills
- Able to meet deadlines and able to identify and report problems with meeting those deadlines; willing to ask for help when needed
- Computer with reliable Internet access
- Email address (Google is preferred for working with Google calendar, Basecamp, and other tools)
- Word processing software
- HTML / CSS / PHP text editor
Optional items that may be helpful:
- FAX or scanner
- Acrobat Pro
- Adobe PhotoShop
- Adobe Illustrator
Approximately 2-3 hours per month between July / August or November through January depending on the schedule for the competition and about 4 hours per month through mid-May.
If you are interested in serving the chapter as a volunteer, please fill in the Chapter Volunteer Signup Form.