In this section:
On this page:
Committee affiliation: Competition Committee
This position should be filled by an enthusiastic volunteer who is experienced with the chapter's competitions. This role involves a medium to high level of effort from August through April. You will receive instructions on how to handle each of these components, and will work with a team to make the event successful. All to-do items are outlined in the Basecamp project plan.
The STC Alliance Competition Chapter Representative is the chapter's liaison with the alliance chapters and serves on the Alliance Competition Council. The Alliance Competition Chapter Representative works with others in the chapter's Administrative Council to publicize and manage the events and award celebrations for the chapter's Alliance winneres.
- Oversee all aspects of the chapter's participation in the STC Alliance Competition.
- Liaison with the chapter that is leading the STC Alliance Competition.
- May act as a co-chair of the competition.
- May recruit local judges to participate in the competition.
- Help maintain the competition mailing list subscribers and publicize the competition.
Experience and Skills
- Familiarity with Facebook and Twitter use
- Familiarity with LinkedIn and other social media outlets
- Experience with online project planning and scheduling (the project is planned out using Basecamp)
- Ability to post status updates to social meda, the website, or to the administrative council.
- Ability to lead a team and to work on a team
- Previous experience managing a committee is a plus
- Good time management
- Strong communication / interpersonal skills
- An outgoing and friendly personality
- Good organizational skills
- Able to meet deadlines and able to identify and report problems with meeting those deadlines; willing to ask for help when needed
- Computer with reliable Internet access
- Email address (Google is preferred for working with Google calendar, Basecamp, and other tools)
- Word processing software
- HTML / CSS / PHP text editor
Optional items that may be helpful:
- FAX or scanner
- Acrobat Pro
- Adobe PhotoShop
- Adobe Illustrator
Approximately 12-15 hours per month between July / August or November through January depending on the schedule for the competition and about 4 hours per month through mid-May. Approximately 8 to 10 hours to scout and recruit prospective judges for the competition.
If you are interested in serving the chapter as a volunteer, please fill in the Chapter Volunteer Signup Form.