In this section:
On this page:
Committee affiliation: Publicity
The Publicity List Manager maintains the chapter's interactive Chat discussion list (wdcb_chat) for members only (this list is not moderated). The manager also uses the chapter's Announcement Mailing list (wdcb_annc) to inform members and nonmembers of chapter events and other local organizational events.
- Maintain operation of the Chat discussion list. See CHAT Discussion List
- Maintain operation of the Announcement mailing list. See Announcement (ANNC) Mailing List
- Organize and edit information received from chapter committees for distribution in the Announcement Mailing list, the STC WDCB Forum, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and the Events & News site as appropriate.
- Answer questions or respond to comments received using e-mail.
- The manager approves subscribers to the lists and makes updates as needed.
- There is no budget associated with the lists. This is a free service provided by the Society.
- Submit a monthly status report by e-mail to the President and Vice-President regarding all current and upcoming activities.
- Coordinate with the chapter President and Website Team committees to publicize chapter news and events.
Experience and Skills
- Familiarity with Mailman mailing list applications.
- Familiarity with MailChimp applications.
- Familiarity with who chapter members are.
- Experience as a Membership manager is a plus.
- WordPress.org 4.9.1+ Text Editor enough to post announcements
- Experience working with online project management tools such as Basecamp
- Good time management
- Strong communication / interpersonal skills
- An outgoing and friendly personality
- Good organizational skills
- Able to meet deadlines and able to identify and report problems with meeting those deadlines; willing to ask for help when needed
- Computer with high-speed Internet access
- Email address (Google is preferred for working with Google calendar, Basecamp, and other tools)
- Word processing software
- HTML / CSS / PHP text editor
- Access to our Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter accounts
- Access to additional social media sites as needed
Optional items that may be helpful:
- FAX or scanner
- Acrobat Pro
- Adobe PhotoShop
- Adobe Illustrator
20-40 hours per year.
If you are interested in serving the chapter as a volunteer, please fill in the Chapter Volunteer Signup Form.