In this section:
On this page:
Committee affiliation: Publicity
The Publicity Flickr Account Manager maintains the chapter's collection of photos in the chapter's Flickr account.
- The manager upload photos to the Flickr account.
- Label photos and put into collections to be referred to from the Blog.
- In June/July, ensure that the PR budget contains funding for the Flickr account for the year ahead.
- Submit a monthly status report by email to the President and Vice-President regarding all current and upcoming activities.
- Coordinate with the chapter President and Website Team committees to publicize chapter news and events.
Experience and Skills
- Familiarity with Flickr
- WordPress.org 6.0.2+ Text Editor enough to post announcements
- Experience working with or willing to learn and use online project management tools such as Basecamp
- Good time management
- Strong communication / interpersonal skills
- An outgoing and friendly personality
- Good organizational skills
- Able to meet deadlines and able to identify and report problems with meeting those deadlines; willing to ask for help when needed
- Computer with reliable Internet access
- Email address (Google is preferred for working with Google calendar, Basecamp, and other tools)
- Word processing software
- HTML / CSS / PHP text editor
- Access to our Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter accounts
- Access to additional social media sites as needed
- FAX or scanner
- Acrobat Pro
- Adobe PhotoShop
- Adobe Illustrator
Optional items that may be helpful:
10-20 hours per year.
If you are interested in serving the chapter as a volunteer, please fill in the Chapter Volunteer Signup Form.