In this section:
On this page:
Committee affiliation: Publicity
Depending on your skills and interest, create one publicity item for the chapter such as a brochure, pin, mug, t-shirt, or event flyer or do one promotional task as directed by the Publicity Coordinator.
The Publicity Committee creates and maintains a chapter brochure, coordinates publicity with other committees, prepares event announcement postcards, designs and updates the chapter's calling card with the scheduled events for the year, and maintains a Public Relations binder of activities for the STC PR Competition.
Experience and Skills
- Familiarity with Facebook and Twitter use
- Familiarity with LinkedIn and other social media outlets
- WordPress.org 4.9.1+ Text Editor enough to post announcements
- Ability to post status updates to social meda, the website, or to the administrative council
- Good time management
- Strong communication / interpersonal skills
- An outgoing and friendly personality
- Good organizational skills
- Able to meet deadlines and able to identify and report problems with meeting those deadlines; willing to ask for help when needed
- Computer with high-speed Internet access
- Email address (Google is preferred for working with Google calendar, Basecamp, and other tools)
- Word processing software
- HTML / CSS / PHP text editor
Optional items that may be helpful:
- FAX or scanner
- Acrobat Pro
- Adobe PhotoShop
- Adobe Illustrator
4 to 8 hours per year, or the amount of time it takes to create one publicity item for the chapter.
If you are interested in serving the chapter as a volunteer, please fill in the Chapter Volunteer Signup Form.