In this section:
On this page:
Committee affiliation: Nominations
The Jay R. Gould Award for excellence in teaching technical communication honors the distinguished teaching career of Professor Gould. This award honors true academic mentorship; a record of successful students, defined as those who are involved in STC, and actively working in the profession; involvement in student activities outside of the classroom; innovation and creativity in teaching, and involvement in research that leads to changes in the way technical communication is taught.
Recommend current or past members of the Washington, DC – Baltimore (WDCB) Chapter for the Jay R. Gould award. To be eligible for the award, a nominee must have been a member of the Society for Technical Communication for ten years and must have been involved in post-secondary education for at least fifteen years.
See Jay R. Gould Award page for information about this STC award.
Experience and Skills
- Familiarity with Facebook and Twitter use
- Familiarity with LinkedIn and other social media outlets
- WordPress.org 6.1.1+ Text Editor enough to post announcements
- Ability to post status updates to social meda, the website, or to the administrative council
- Good time management
- Strong communication / interpersonal skills
- An outgoing and friendly personality
- Good organizational skills
- Able to meet deadlines and able to identify and report problems with meeting those deadlines; willing to ask for help when needed
- Computer with reliable Internet access
- Email address (Google is preferred for working with Google calendar, Basecamp, and other tools)
- Word processing software
- HTML / CSS / PHP text editor
Optional items that may be helpful:
- FAX or scanner
- Acrobat Pro
- Adobe PhotoShop
- Adobe Illustrator
If you are interested in serving the chapter as a volunteer, please fill in the Chapter Volunteer Signup Form.