In this section:
On this page:
Committee affiliation: Nominations
The Elections Manager coordinates with the Administration Council to formalize the elections, tally votes, and announce the winners.
- Obtain slate of candidates from the Nominations Committee or the President of the chapter.
- Obtain the dates for when the voting will start and end.
- Construct a SurveyMonkey survey for chapter voting.
- Let the Web Diva know the link for the voting survey so it can be posted to the main website.
- Let the Chapter President know the link for the voting survey so it can be posted to the Announcement list.
- Write a blog post about the election voting, slate of candidates (link to the slate of candidates page on the main website), dates, and the link to Survey Monkey.
- Collect the voting results and report them to the Admin Council.
- Send a message to the Society office to let them know the names of our newly elected officers and At-Large Directors with their contact information. Send the message to the Assistant Manager for Community Relations.
See the Administrative Council Roles for information on the responsibilities of each office.
Experience and Skills
- Familiarity with Facebook and Twitter use
- Familiarity with LinkedIn and other social media outlets
- WordPress.org 6.0.2+ Text Editor enough to post announcements
- Ability to post status updates to social meda, the website, or to the administrative council
- Good time management
- Strong communication / interpersonal skills
- An outgoing and friendly personality
- Good organizational skills
- Able to meet deadlines and able to identify and report problems with meeting those deadlines; willing to ask for help when needed
- Computer with reliable Internet access
- Email address (Google is preferred for working with Google calendar, Basecamp, and other tools)
- Word processing software
- HTML / CSS / PHP text editor
Optional items that may be helpful:
- FAX or scanner
- Acrobat Pro
- Adobe PhotoShop
- Adobe Illustrator
8 hours by April-June or whenever the elections are held.
If you are interested in serving the chapter as a volunteer, please fill in the Chapter Volunteer Signup Form.