In this section:
On this page:
Committee affiliation: Nominations
The Nominating Committee:
- Uses the networking portion of the monthly chapter meeting and other chapter events as a forum for inviting and encouraging members to run for office or to suggest possible candidates.
- Coordinates with the Public Relations and Website Team committees to publicize the upcoming officer elections.
- Coordinates with the Website Team committee to post the biographical information of all the candidates.
The Nominating Committee Manager (typically the Vice-President) guides members of the committee so that all committee duties are fulfilled:
- There is no budget allowance for the Nominating committee however, reasonable expenses may be submitted.
- Coordinate a committee of three to five members who have a wide circle of acquaintances in the chapter.
- Develop a schedule of deadlines (refer to the bylaws) for the upcoming year.
- Develop and distribute a contact list of committee members and their role.
- Submit a monthly status report by e-mail to the President and Vice-President regarding all current and upcoming committee activities.
- Invite members, through the newsletter, chapter website, and announcements at chapter meetings, to run for office or to suggest possible candidates.
See the Administrative Council Roles for information on the responsibilities of each office.
Experience and Skills
- Familiarity with Facebook and Twitter use
- Familiarity with LinkedIn and other social media outlets
- WordPress.org 4.9.1+ Text Editor enough to post announcements
- Ability to post status updates to social meda, the website, or to the administrative council
- Experience working with online project management tools such as Basecamp
- Good time management
- Strong communication / interpersonal skills
- An outgoing and friendly personality
- Good organizational skills
- Able to meet deadlines and able to identify and report problems with meeting those deadlines; willing to ask for help when needed
- Computer with high-speed Internet access
- Email address (Google is preferred for working with Google calendar, Basecamp, and other tools)
- Word processing software
- HTML / CSS / PHP text editor
Optional items that may be helpful:
- FAX or scanner
- Acrobat Pro
- Adobe PhotoShop
- Adobe Illustrator
14-16 hours in September – December
If you are interested in serving the chapter as a volunteer, please fill in the Chapter Volunteer Signup Form.