In this section:
On this page:
Committee affiliation: Nominations
An STC Associate Fellow is a Senior Member who has been formally recognized by the Society for having attained distinction in the field of technical communication. To be considered for Associate Fellow, a candidate must have at least 15 years of experience in technical communication and be an STC Senior Member with five years of experience (10 consecutive years of membership). Members of STC's Board of Directors are ineligible for nomination. Any STC member may nominate a member for Associate Fellow.
Recommend current or past members of the Washington, DC – Baltimore (WDCB) Chapter to the rank of Associate Fellow and prepare their nomination materials. See https://www.stc.org/honors-awards-and-recognition for information on how to nominate a member for this honor.
Experience and Skills
- Familiarity with Facebook and Twitter use
- Familiarity with LinkedIn and other social media outlets
- WordPress.org 5.8.1 Text Editor enough to post announcements
- Ability to post status updates to social meda, the website, or to the administrative council
- Good time management
- Strong communication / interpersonal skills
- An outgoing and friendly personality
- Good organizational skills
- Able to meet deadlines and able to identify and report problems with meeting those deadlines; willing to ask for help when needed
- Computer with reliable Internet access
- Email address (Google is preferred for working with Google calendar, Basecamp, and other tools)
- Word processing software
- HTML / CSS / PHP text editor
Optional items that may be helpful:
- FAX or scanner
- Acrobat Pro
- Adobe PhotoShop
- Adobe Illustrator
4-8 hours in October.
If you are interested in serving the chapter as a volunteer, please fill in the Chapter Volunteer Signup Form.