In this section:
On this page:
Committee affiliation: Membership
The Membership Committee Manager sets the tone for the committee, leading the committee members to fulfill the duties of the membership committee as directed by the Administrative Council or Board of Directors.
- In November or December, develop a budget for planned projects for the year ahead.
- Guide members of the committee so that all committee duties are fulfilled.
- Develop and distribute a contact list of committee members and their roles.
- Welcome new members with an email greeting, performed monthly.
- Submit membership material (additions, deletions, changes) to the Newsletter Editor monthly as well as articles to recruit and reward members as well as recognize members’ professional accomplishments.
- Update Welcome and New Member kits and brochures for distribution at monthly meetings and quarterly orientations.
- Organize and direct an active annual membership drive between October and December using membership recruiting brochures and with the help of the Hospitality and Publicity Committee managers.
- Manage the membership address files from Society
- Submit a monthly status report by email to the President and Vice-President (or post to the Admin Council Group's monthly status reports files) regarding all current and upcoming committee activities.
The Membership Committee recruits new members, maintains lists of current and prospective members, answers questions prospective members might have, and sends them an information packet. The committee provides mailing labels for the newsletter, event flyers, and other related chapter business; publishes lists of new chapter members in the newsletter; may develop and publish a chapter membership directory; and generally seeks to increase chapter membership.
Experience and Skills
- WordPress.org 6.0.2+ Text Editor enough to post announcements
- Experience working with or willing to learn and use online project management tools such as Basecamp
- Ability to create roster reports from the STC membership database and post to the admin council
- Ability to lead a team and to work on a team
- Previous experience managing a committee is a plus
- Good time management
- Strong communication / interpersonal skills
- An outgoing and friendly personality
- Good organizational skills
- Able to meet deadlines and able to identify and report problems with meeting those deadlines; willing to ask for help when needed
- Computer with reliable Internet access
- Email address (Google is preferred for working with Google calendar, Basecamp, and other tools)
- Word processing software
- HTML / CSS / PHP text editor
Optional items that may be helpful:
- FAX or scanner
- Acrobat Pro
- Adobe PhotoShop
- Adobe Illustrator
20-40 hours per year.
If you are interested in serving the chapter as a volunteer, please fill in the Chapter Volunteer Signup Form.