In this section:
On this page:
Committee affiliation: Hospitality
- Welcome members and guests attending chapter meetings and events.
- Introduce guests and new members to officers and other members.
- Suggest door prizes to give away at chapter meetings.
- Distribute tickets for door prizes at the chapter meetings.
- Act as room monitors for speakers as part of the annual seminar series or workshops being held as part of the chapter's Knowledge University.
- Answer questions about the chapter, its events and goals, as well as those of the Society.
- Direct members inquiring about:
- Membership to the Membership Committee Manager.
- Education to the Education Committee Manager.
- Events and topics to the Events Committee Manager.
- Volunteer opportunities to the Volunteer Coordinator.
- Employment opportunities to the Employment Committee Manager.
Experience and Skills
- Strong communication / interpersonal skills
- An outgoing and friendly personality
- Ability to answer questions about the chapter
- Ability to make newcomers feel at ease and introduce them to chapter members
- Computer with high-speed Internet access
- Email address (Google is preferred for working with Google calendar, Basecamp, and other tools)
- Word processing software
- HTML / CSS / PHP text editor
Optional items that may be helpful:
- FAX or scanner
- Acrobat Pro
- Adobe PhotoShop
- Adobe Illustrator
Attendance at chapter events. Additional time commitments to be determined.
If you are interested in serving the chapter as a volunteer, please fill in the Chapter Volunteer Signup Form.