In this section:
On this page:
Committee affiliation: History
- In November or December, develop a budget for planned projects for the year ahead (a sample budget is available).
- Guide members of the committee so that all committee duties are fulfilled.
- Develop and distribute a contact list of committee members and their roles.
- Collect and retain chapter records. Transfer to a recorded media such as a CD-ROM when possible.
- Assist the website manager with obtaining history information for the website such as photos from events or of chapter members, names of past chapter presidents, and so forth.
- Submit a monthly status report by email to the President and Vice-President (or post to the Admin Council Group's monthly status reports files) regarding all current and upcoming committee activities.
Experience and Skills
- WordPress.org 5.8.1 Text Editor enough to post announcements
- Experience working with or willing to learn and use online project management tools such as Basecamp
- Ability to lead a team and to work on a team
- Previous experience managing a committee is a plus
- Good time management
- Strong communication / interpersonal skills
- An outgoing and friendly personality
- Good organizational skills
- Able to meet deadlines and able to identify and report problems with meeting those deadlines; willing to ask for help when needed
- Computer with reliable Internet access
- Email address (Google is preferred for working with Google calendar, Basecamp, and other tools)
- Word processing software
- HTML / CSS / PHP text editor
Optional items that may be helpful:
- FAX or scanner
- Acrobat Pro
- Adobe PhotoShop
- Adobe Illustrator
Approximately 4 hours or less per month.
If you are interested in serving the chapter as a volunteer, please fill in the Chapter Volunteer Signup Form.
Last modified: December 19, 2021