In this section:
On this page:
Committee affiliation: Events
The Events Operations Coordinator often acts for the Events Committee Manager and assists with events as needed.
- Provide an accurate count of attendees and meal choices for planning meals and space to the Competition Committee and any other organizers of an event.
- Post event invitations to the Eventbrite account.
Experience and Skills
- WordPress.org 5.8.1 Text Editor enough to post announcements
- Experience working with or willing to learn and use online project management tools such as Basecamp
- Ability to use Eventbrite to post event invitations and notices
- Ability to create roster reports from the STC membership database and post to the admin council
- Ability to work on a team
- Good time management
- Strong communication / interpersonal skills
- An outgoing and friendly personality
- Good organizational skills
- Able to meet deadlines and able to identify and report problems with meeting those deadlines; willing to ask for help when needed
- Computer with reliable Internet access
- Email address (Google is preferred for working with Google calendar, Basecamp, and other tools)
- Word processing software
- HTML / CSS / PHP text editor
Optional items that may be helpful:
- FAX or scanner
- Acrobat Pro
- Adobe PhotoShop
- Adobe Illustrator
Approximately 2 hours or less per month.
If you are interested in serving the chapter as a volunteer, please fill in the Chapter Volunteer Signup Form.