In this section:
On this page:
Committee affiliation: Events
For an event, coordinate the speaker and/or workshops, hotel logistics, equipment, handouts, and catering. You will receive instructions on how to handle each of these components and will work with a team to make the event successful.
This is a great way to ease into event management while also qualifying for free attendance at the event you are managing.
- Scout and locate facilities for events.
- Locate individuals and organizations willing to donate services such as design, printing, mailing, and facilities.
- Make room arrangements and catering needs.
- Coordinate notices to attendees about the locations, food, parking, and any other considerations.
- Prepare name badges, sign-in sheets, and signage as needed.
- Be responsible for the condition of the location site after the event.
- Provide information to the events manager about costs and logistics to be put into the Eventbrite invitation.
Experience and Skills
- Event planning and marketing experience is helpful.
- Good time management
- Strong communication / interpersonal skills
- An outgoing and friendly personality
- Good organizational skills
- Able to meet deadlines and able to identify and report problems with meeting those deadlines; willing to ask for help when needed
- Computer with reliable Internet access
- Email address (Google is preferred for working with Google calendar, Eventbrite, Basecamp, and other tools)
- Word processing software
Optional items that may be helpful:
- HTML / CSS / PHP text editor
- FAX or scanner
- Acrobat Pro
- Adobe PhotoShop
- Adobe Illustrator
4-6 hours plus attendance at events.
If you are interested in serving the chapter as a volunteer, please fill in the Volunteer Signup form.
Last modified: December 19, 2021