In this section:
On this page:
Committee affiliation: Events and Knowledge University
- Encourage networking between attendees by introducing people and ensuring that networking is taking place.
- Welcome guests and new members attending chapter events or workshops.
- Introduce guests and new members to chapter officers and other members.
- Help new people feel welcome at events.
- Pass information about a new member's interests in volunteering for the chapter to the Volunteers Committee Manager.
Experience and Skills
- Strong communication / interpersonal skills
- An outgoing and friendly personality
- Ability to answer questions about the chapter
- Ability to make newcomers feel at ease and introduce them to chapter members
- Computer with high-speed Internet access
- Email address (Google is preferred for working with Google calendar, Basecamp, and other tools)
- Word processing software
- HTML / CSS / PHP text editor
Optional items that may be helpful:
- FAX or scanner
- Acrobat Pro
- Adobe PhotoShop
- Adobe Illustrator
Attendance at the events.
If you are interested in serving the chapter as a volunteer, please fill in the Chapter Volunteer Signup Form.