In this section:
On this page:
Committee affiliation: Events and Knowledge University
The Associate Events Committee Manager shares the duties and responsibilities of the Events Committee Manager and assists with events as needed.
- In November or December, develop a budget for planned projects for the year ahead (a sample budget is available).
- Guide members of the committee so that all committee duties are fulfilled.
- Develop and distribute a contact list of committee members and their roles.
- Submit a monthly status report by e-mail to the President and Vice-President (or post to the Admin Council Group's monthly status reports files) regarding all current and upcoming committee activities.
- Provide an accurate count of attendees and meal choices for planning meals and space to the Competition Committee and any other organizers of an event.
- Receive and keep a spreadsheet of advance RSVPs
- Receive and keep a spreadsheet of advance event payments
- Register attendees upon arrival at events and collect payments
- Store and bring materials needed for each event: job board, easel, chapter signage, membership materials, chapter event flyers, and speaker handouts
- Work with the Treasurer to ensure proper accounting for monies received.
- Solicit and publicize evauluations from event attendees through a survey or comment form.
Experience and Skills
- WordPress.org 4.9.1+ Text Editor enough to post announcements
- Experience working with online project management tools such as Basecamp
- Ability to use Eventbrite to post event invitations and notices
- Ability to create roster reports from the STC membership database and post to the admin council
- Ability to lead a team and to work on a team
- Previous experience managing a committee is a plus
- Good time management
- Strong communication / interpersonal skills
- An outgoing and friendly personality
- Good organizational skills
- Able to meet deadlines and able to identify and report problems with meeting those deadlines; willing to ask for help when needed
- Computer with high-speed Internet access
- Email address (Google is preferred for working with Google calendar, Basecamp, and other tools)
- Word processing software
- HTML / CSS / PHP text editor
Optional items that may be helpful:
- FAX or scanner
- Acrobat Pro
- Adobe PhotoShop
- Adobe Illustrator
Approximately 4 hours or less per month.
If you are interested in serving the chapter as a volunteer, please fill in the Chapter Volunteer Signup Form.