In this section:
On this page:
Committee affiliation: Events
The Events Associate Manager – Webinar Series has the following responsibilities and assists the Events Committee Manager with events as needed. Read the About WDCB Events page.
- Review the STC topics and scheduled webinars for the year along with their schedule to avoid conflicts.
- Review the STC Virtual Calendar to check on webinars scheduled by other STC chapters to avoid conflicts. This calendar is embedded on the STC South Central Texas and the STC Toronto websites. (This is not an STC HQ calendar but a collaborative calendar supported by several STC communities. Hopefully we can get included in this virtual calendar in the near future.)
- Set a preliminary schedule for the webinars, working with the Events Associate Manager – First Friday Lunches and the Events Committee Manager to avoid conflicting event dates.
- Set schedule for the webinars and procure speakers.
- Work with the Treasurer about cost of speaker renumeration and lodging, if needed.
- Get a copy of the speaker's bio and a photo.
- Ask speaker if handouts for the presentation will be available and whether they will permit posting the presentation to our website (see Speakers' Handouts and Presentations page). (They may request that the material will be password protected. If protected, for how long?.)
- After the event, send any files for presentation slides, handouts, or recordings to the Web Diva for posting to the Speakers' Handouts and Presentations page.
- When the webinar schedule is known, post the events to our Events & News calendar, social media, and the STC Virtual Calendar to let other chapters know what we are offering.
- Prepare copy with information about each webinar for posting to Eventbrite, the Events & News website, and social media (webinar description, date, time, price, number of seats available, speaker, speaker bio and photo.
- Monitor Eventbrite to track number of registrations and payments.
- Submit a monthly status report by email to the President and Vice-President (or post to the Admin Council Group's monthly status reports files) regarding all current and upcoming committee activities.
- Manage attendee communication through email and EventBrite. Note that individual EventBrite orders and returned invitations with a status of "maybe" may include comments that you should check.
- Provide an accurate count of attendees to all co-organizers and location sponsors.
- Check in attendees in Eventrite upon loggin on to the webinar.
- Display and provide links for:
- Job Postings https://jobs.stcwdc.org/
- Employment Resources https://jobs.stcwdc.org/employment-resources/
- STC's Mentor Board https://www.stc.org/membership/mentor-board/
- chapter promotional brochure https://wdcb.stcwdc.org/wp-content/PDF/Stationary/chapter_broch_aug16.pdf
- chapter membership page https://wdcb.stcwdc.org/about-stc/stc-membership/join-stc-and-the-chapter/
- and chapter event flyers, if any.
- Work with the Treasurer to ensure proper accounting for monies received.
- Solicit and publicize evaluations from event attendees through a survey or comment form.
Experience and Skills
- WordPress.org 5.8.1 Text Editor enough to post announcements
- Experience working with or willing to learn and use online project management tools such as Basecamp.
- Ability to use Eventbrite to post event invitations and notices.
- Good time management.
- Strong communication / interpersonal skills.
- An outgoing and friendly personality.
- Good organizational skills.
- Able to meet deadlines and able to identify and report problems with meeting those deadlines; willing to ask for help when needed.
- Computer with reliable Internet access
- Email address (Google is preferred for working with Google tools and Basecamp.
- Word processing software
- HTML / CSS / PHP text editor
Approximately 4 hours or less per month.
If you are interested in serving the chapter as a volunteer, please fill in the Chapter Volunteer Signup Form.