In this section:
On this page:
Committee affiliation: Events
The Events Associate Manager – First Friday Lunches / Dinners / Meetups has the following responsibilities and assists the Events Committee Manager with events as needed. Read the About WDCB Events page.
- Set schedule for lunches / dinners / meetups and topics.
- Scout and reserve locations (see the Events Planning Resources and venus used in past events).
- Prepare copy with information about each event for posting to Eventbrite, the Events & News website, and social media (event description, date, time, menu, price, number of seats available, speaker bio and photo, location, parking, nearest Metro station, accessibility of the location).
- Monitor Eventbrite to track number of registrations.
- Submit a monthly status report by email to the President and Vice-President (or post to the Admin Council Group's monthly status reports files) regarding all current and upcoming First Friday Lunches or other networking activities.
- Manage attendee communication through email and EventBrite. Note that individual EventBrite orders and returned invitations with a status of "maybe" may include comments that you should check.
- Provide an accurate count of attendees to all co-organizers and location sponsors.
- Check in attendees upon arrival on the sign-in sheet and in EventBrite later.
- Store and bring materials to each in-person event: job announcements, chapter signage, chapter promotional brochure, membership materials, and chapter event flyers, if any.
- Work with the Treasurer to ensure proper accounting for monies received, if applicable.
- Solicit and publicize evaluations from event attendees through a survey or comment form.
Experience and Skills
- WordPress.org 6.0.2+ Text Editor enough to post announcements.
- Experience working with or willing to learn and use online project management tools such as Basecamp.
- Ability to use Eventbrite to post event invitations and notices.
- Good time management.
- Strong communication / interpersonal skills.
- An outgoing and friendly personality.
- Good organizational skills.
- Able to meet deadlines and able to identify and report problems with meeting those deadlines; willing to ask for help when needed.
- Computer with reliable Internet access
- Email address (Google is preferred for working with Google tools and Basecamp.
- Word processing software
- HTML / CSS / PHP text editor
Approximately 4 hours or less per month.
If you are interested in serving the chapter as a volunteer, please fill in the Chapter Volunteer Signup Form.