In this section:
On this page:
Committee affiliation: Education
- Design a brochure explaining technical communication resources available in the Washington, DC area for students, teachers, and professionals looking for continuing education.
- Design artwork and layout for brochures describing the two educational awards and related flyers.
- Receive and prepare material to publicize the chapter's awards
- Coordinate review and approval stages.
- Request bids from local printers.
- Send final approved artwork to the printer.
- Prepare a final report for the Education Manager
Experience and Skills
- Able to use Adobe Illustrator or InDesign for art layout.
- Good time management
- Strong communication / interpersonal skills
- Good editing and communication skills.
- Experience sending artwork to a printer.
- Good organizational skills
- Experience working with online project management tools such as Basecamp
- Able to meet deadlines and able to identify and report problems with meeting those deadlines; willing to ask for help when needed
- Computer with high-speed Internet access
- Email address (Google is preferred for working with Google calendar, Basecamp, and other tools)
- Word processing software
- HTML / CSS / PHP text editor
Optional items that may be helpful:
- FAX or scanner
- Acrobat Pro
- Adobe PhotoShop
- Adobe Illustrator
If you are interested in serving the chapter as a volunteer, please fill in the Chapter Volunteer Signup Form.
Last modified: January 12, 2018