In this section:
On this page:
Committee affiliation: Competition
- Develop a theme for the competition (in conjunction with the Competition Manager)
- Work with the competition manager to populate the Basecamp to-do tasks with people on the committee
- Create the Call for Entries, application forms, theme artwork, receipt response postcards, and awards celebration program and agenda
- Get the roster lists for the active chapter members, the lapsed members, the left-STC former members, all unaffiliated STC members, all local SIG-only members.
- Maintain mailing lists for the Call for Entries: check email addresses in the mailing list database for changes in the rosters.
- Recruit individuals and organizations for donated services (such as graphic design, printing, and mailing)
- Locate printer, if needed
- Organize physical mailing and distribution, if needed
- Prepare input about the competition for the chapter's website, the Events & News website, and other social media.
- Assist the Competition Manager and other managers to help complete tasks, if needed.
- Update entry and order forms
- Update website about this year's competition (with links to new forms, new dates, contacts, etc.)
- Announce the competition on the website with links
- Update mailing lists
- Send announcement messages to mailing lists with the flyers
- Post the Joy of Entering
- Post the Joy of Judging
- Post about related webinars and training
- Post competition status updates
- Post competition awards celebration information
- Post list of local winners
- Post list of international winners
- Update website to prep for next year's information (deactivate this year's dates, etc.; activate interim passages)
Experience and Skills
- WordPress.org 4.9.1+ Text Editor enough to post announcements
- Familiarity with Facebook and Twitter use
- Familiarity with LinkedIn and other social media outlets
- Experience working with online project management tools such as Basecamp
- Experience using and maintaining a Basecamp project template
- Ability to post status updates to social meda, the website, or to the administrative council.
- Good time management
- Strong communication / interpersonal skills
- An outgoing and friendly personality
- Good organizational skills
- Able to meet deadlines and able to identify and report problems with meeting those deadlines; willing to ask for help when needed
- Computer with high-speed Internet access
- Word processing software
- HTML / CSS / PHP text editor
- Access to our Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter accounts
- Access to additional social media sites as needed
Optional items that may be helpful:
- FAX or scanner
- Acrobat Pro
- Adobe PhotoShop
- Adobe Illustrator
Twenty hours per month preparing for the competition starting in July or August until the Calls are mailed and the website is updated in September/October. Then about 20 hours in February preparing the Awards Program booklet/sheet.
If you are interested in serving the chapter as a volunteer, please fill in the Chapter Volunteer Signup Form.