In this section:
On this page:
Committee affiliation: Chapter Competition
Judges for the competition are needed: Online Communication and Technical Publications.
Judges must be available to meet according to the time commitment cited below to receive entries and instructions, evaluate the entries, turn in scoring materials to the Lead Judges, attend the Consensus meeting to discuss the scores for each entry in your category, and concur on the awards determined by the team. Meetings will occur in the Washington, DC metropolitan area in a location convenient for the majority of judges.
Experience and Skills
- Familiar with technical communication development and production process
- Familiar with end-user web applications and websites
- Previous judging experience is a plus
- Previous competition entrant experience is a plus
- Good time management
- Strong communication / interpersonal skills
- An outgoing and friendly personality
- Good organizational skills
- Able to meet deadlines and able to identify and report problems with meeting those deadlines; willing to ask for help when needed
- Computer with high-speed Internet access
- Email address (Google is preferred for working with Google calendar, Basecamp, and other tools)
- Word processing software
- HTML / CSS / PHP text editor
Optional items that may be helpful:
- FAX or scanner
- Acrobat Pro
- Adobe PhotoShop
- Adobe Illustrator
10-20 hours between early December and mid-January plus two meetings.
If you are interested in serving the chapter as a competition judge, please complete the Judging Application form.
Include a message that describes your experience in using or producing online communication, judging or participating in other technical communication competitions, and your available computer resources.