In this section:
On this page:
Committee affiliation: Competition Committee
This position should be filled by a volunteer who is experienced with the chapter's competitions.
Advice may be requested by the local chapter's competition committee and by the STC Alliance Competition council.
- Stand by to give advice to the Competition Committee when needed.
Experience and Skills
- Previous experience managing a competition.
- Familiarity with Facebook and Twitter use
- Familiarity with LinkedIn and other social media outlets
- Experience with online project planning and scheduling (the project is planned out using Basecamp)
- Ability to post status updates to social meda, the website, or to the administrative council.
- Ability to lead a team and to work on a team
- Previous experience managing a committee is a plus
- Good time management
- Strong communication / interpersonal skills
- An outgoing and friendly personality
- Good organizational skills
- Able to meet deadlines and able to identify and report problems with meeting those deadlines; willing to ask for help when needed
- Computer with reliable Internet access
- Email address (Google is preferred for working with Google calendar, Basecamp, and other tools)
- Word processing software
- HTML / CSS / PHP text editor
Optional items that may be helpful:
- FAX or scanner
- Acrobat Pro
- Adobe PhotoShop
- Adobe Illustrator
Approximately 4-5 hours per month between July / August or November through January depending on the schedule for the competition and about 4 hours per month through mid-April.
If you are interested in serving the chapter as a volunteer, please fill in the Chapter Volunteer Signup Form.