In this section:
On this page:
Community Service Committee Manager
Committee affiliation: Community Service
The Community Service committee manager works on finding projects where members of the Washington, DC – Baltimore (WDCB) Chapter can volunteer to help serve their community. Participating in community service projects within the STC not only provides personal fulfillment for doing a good deed, but can also generate positive publicity and recognition for our chapter.
For information about opportunities to serve in the Washington, DC metropolitan area, see the list of Volunteer for Community Outreach organizations.
Experience and Skills
- Ability to lead a team and to work on a team
- Previous experience managing a committee is a plus
- Good time management
- Strong communication / interpersonal skills
- An outgoing and friendly personality
- Good organizational skills
- Able to meet deadlines and able to identify and report problems with meeting those deadlines; willing to ask for help when needed
- Computer with reliable Internet access
- Email address (Google is preferred for working with Google calendar, Basecamp, and other tools)
- Word processing software
- HTML / CSS / PHP text editor
Optional items that may be helpful:
- FAX or scanner
- Acrobat Pro
- Adobe PhotoShop
- Adobe Illustrator
Approximately 4 hours or less per month.
If you are interested in serving the chapter as a volunteer, please fill in the Chapter Volunteer Signup Form.