In this section:
On this page:
Charitable Giving Coordinator
Coordinate specific community outreach activities such as clothing, book, and food drives at chapter events. Work will be with the Events manager and the Community Services Manager.
The Community Service Committee works on finding projects where members of the Washington, DC – Baltimore (WDCB) Chapter can volunteer to help serve their community. Participating in community service projects within the STC not only provides personal fulfillment for doing a good deed, but can also generate positive publicity and recognition for our chapter.
For information about opportunities to serve in the Washington, DC metropolitan area, see the list of Volunteer for Community Outreach organizations.
Experience and Skills
- Familiarity with Facebook and Twitter use
- Familiarity with LinkedIn and other social media outlets
- WordPress.org 4.9.1+ Text Editor enough to post announcements
- Ability to post status updates to social meda, the website, or to the administrative council
- Good time management
- Strong communication / interpersonal skills
- An outgoing and friendly personality
- Good organizational skills
- Able to meet deadlines and able to identify and report problems with meeting those deadlines; willing to ask for help when needed
- Computer with high-speed Internet access
- Email address (Google is preferred for working with Google calendar, Basecamp, and other tools)
- Word processing software
- HTML / CSS / PHP text editor
Optional items that may be helpful:
- FAX or scanner
- Acrobat Pro
- Adobe PhotoShop
- Adobe Illustrator
2 hours or less per month.
If you are interested in serving the chapter as a volunteer, please fill in the Chapter Volunteer Signup Form.