In this section:
On this page:
Note: All links going to other websites will open in the same window. Use the Back button to return to our site.
Plan now to attend the STC Technical Summit (Annual Conference and Expo for technical communicators). Here's the who-what-when-where-why and how of this year's event, links for more information, and a list of future conference sites.
This Year's Conference
Conference Headquarters: Anaheim Marriott
700 West Convention Way
Anaheim, CA 92802
The hotel does not provide shuttle service from the airports:
- John Wayne Airport-Orange County (SNA)
- 14.1 miles NW
- Estimated taxi fare: 45 USD (one way)
- Long Beach Airport (LGB)
- 18.2 miles E
- Estimated taxi fare: 70 USD (one way)
- Los Angeles International Airport (LAX)
- 35 miles SE
- Estimated taxi fare: 120 USD (one way)
Overview: . Scroll to the bottom for check-in, checkout, parking, internet access, pet policy, smoke-free policy, services and amenities
- Detailed Mobile Phone Help Guides
- Keynote Speaker: David Rose
- Over 80 technical sessions covering topics such as education and training, online documentation, usability, Internet, World Wide Web, SGML, multimedia communication, management, professional development, theory and research, tools and technology, writing and editing
- Conference Proceedings
- Society annual business meeting
- Exposition (vendors of technical communication products and services, STC booths, display of STC Technical Communication Competition winners, vendor showcase sessions, and more).
- Preconference seminars and workshops
- Tours of area sites of technical and general interest
- Parties that only technical communicators would want to attend!
- Leadership Day: Sunday, May 15 • 8:00am – 12:00pm
- Hotel Costs (Anaheim Marriott): STC has negotiated a special conference room rate of $205 USD (plus applicable taxes and fees) for single or double accommodations at the Anaheim Marriott. Reserve your rooms at the official Summit hotel, the Anaheim Marriott, by 15 April and you'll be entered to win an upgrade to an executive suite,* a $750+ value per day, for the duration of your conference stay!
- Technical Communication Summit Registration Rates:
- Advance – $1,095 (member) / $1,495 (nonmember)
- Walk-in – $1395 (member) / $1,695 (nonmember)
- Retired – $595
- Student – $200
The Top 10 Reasons Why You Should Attend This Year's STC Annual Conference
10. You'll get lots of exercise touring the hotel and walking to and from Conference sessions.
9. You can easily complain to next year's Annual Conference committee about everything you don't like about this year's conference.
8. You will finally have a reason to hand out your business cards.
7. Where else are you going to meet the people on the TECHWR-L mailing list?
6. You'll develop professionally and expand your network of contacts.
5. Two words: tote bag!
4. Winners of the STC International Summit Awards Competition are on display
3. Exposition Hall and Vendor showcase sessions of the hottest tools
2. Singing and beer!
1. Sightseeing & Tours:
- Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim Baseball Game
- The Orange County host chapter has reserved a block of game tickets for the matchup between Major League Baseball cross-town rivals the Los Angeles Dodgers and the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim. Reserve your game tickets when registering for the 2016 Summit.
- Discounted Disneyland tickets!
- Knott's Berry Farm® Theme Park
- LEGOLAND® California
- Universal Studios® Hollywood!
- Going to the beach
- Watching the sun set in the West over the ocean
- Whale watching
Conference Accessibility Notes
- The Anaheim Marriott offers a limited number of accessible rooms. You should make your reservations as early as possible. If you need one of these rooms, call the Marriott directly at +1 714-750-8000 and ask for the onsite reservations manager or the front desk manager. Be sure to tell them you are coming for STC's Summit.
- Hotel Accessibility Amenities
Travel Reference Links
- Google Anaheim Map
- Conference photos
- Conference Session Materials
- Annual conference dates
- Amtrak and VIA train schedules
- American Greyhound Bus
- Subway Navigation in Washington, DC
- Maryland Department of Tranaportation (MDOT) Maryland Transit Authority (MTA) Schedules for all modes: MARC, Local Bus, Light Rail, Metro Subway, Commuter Bus, MobilityLink.
- Speedtrap Registry identifies speedtraps in Canada, the U.S. and other countries
- Baltimore-Washington International (BWI) Thurgood Marshall Airport
- The small craft College Park Airport (Airport No. 1), the world's oldest continually operating airport founded in 1909 for the Wright Brothers and used to train pilots for World War I. There is also the College Park Aviation Museum you can visit.
- Washington Dulles International Airport
- Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport
- U.S. Customs Service and Border Protection Contact to obtain clearance for the entry of speakers without requiring work permits and to bring in most presentation materials and handouts.
- Currency conversion tools