In this section:
Note: All links going to other websites will open in the same window. Use the Back button to return to our site.
- What is Communication?
- What is Noise in Communication?
- What is Technical Communication?
- I have a degree in English—what can I do with it?
- What media organizations are interested in English majors, journalists, and technical communicators?
- What are some good tools and resources for communicators?
- What does a technical writer do?
- How can I become a technical writer?
- How do I become a technical communicator?
- How do I get into this field without any experience?
- How much are technical communicators paid?
- How can I find a job in technical communication?
- What are some good reference books?
- Current Technical Communication Best Seller Books
- Graphics and Printing Books
- Writing and Editing Books
- Communication Careers Books
- Accessibility, Usability, & Web Development
- What are some good accessibility reference books? Recommended books about accessibility, disabilities, Internet accessibility, usability, and human performance.
- Computer Programming and Security
- What is STC?
- What types of professions do STC members have?
- How do I join STC?
- Are there any student chapters?
- Are there any special interest groups (SIGs)?
- Is there an annual conference?
- Where can I find more information about STC?
- What is our Chapter's History?
- Are there any photos from chapter events?
- How do I get graphics of the STC and chapter logos?
- Competition FAQ
- How do I get graphics of the Competition Award Badges?
- How do I download PDF files?
- How do I open zipped files?
- What is in the Chapter Archives?
- PayPal FAQ
- How do I give donations to or sponsor the chapter?
Contributions to the chapter's operating expenses provide support to the Austin T. Brown Technical Communication Award Competition for high school students and the Shirley G. Carter Memorial Award for college undergraduate and graduate students. For information about making a charitable donation to the chapter, see Corporate Sponsorship.
Last modified: December 24, 2020