On this page:
Note: All links going to other websites will open in the same window. Use the Back button to return to our site.
Announcements Mailing List
The STC Washington, DC – Baltimore (WDCB) Chapter provides an Announcements (wdcb_annc) mailing list for notifying chapter members about the chapter's monthly events. We set up this mailing list because we want to improve communications to our members about chapter events and also reduce the cost for mailing announcements and reminders to about 300 members in our chapter.
This service is a method for us to communicate information to you about
- Chapter events
- Monthly announcements
- Event reminders
- Related events in the Washignton, DC metropolitan area
How to Use the ANNC List
The name of the mailing list is wdcb_annc. Commands may be sent by email or by using the Web page at http://stcwdc.org/mailman/listinfo/wdcb_annc_stcwdc.org
ANNC is Not a Discussion List.
Use the wdcb_chat discussion list to communicate with other chapter members. We also have a group in STC MySTC where you may contribute to discussions or add new topics to discuss. (The forum is for STC members only.)
You may also add comments to postings on the WDCB Events & News site at http://events.stcwdc.org/.
Posting Guidelines and Etiquette
Basic Commands for the List
For documentation about using Mailman lists, see http://www.gnu.org/software/mailman/mailman-member/index.html
How to Join
To Subscribe through the Web Interface Page
- Enter your email address and name at http://stcwdc.org/mailman/listinfo/wdcb_annc_stcwdc.org.
- You may enter your own password, or one will be assigned to you.
- Check "Yes" or "No" for receiving daily digests instead of individual posts.
- Click on Subscribe.
Your request will be sent to the list manager / moderator for approval and Mailman will notify you of your status.
To Manage Your Subscription through the Web Interface Page
To Manage Your Subscription by Email
To Join by Email
How to Unsubscribe
To Unsubscribe by Email
To Unsubscribe through the Web Page
Log on to the announcement list at http://stcwdc.org/mailman/listinfo/wdcb_annc_stcwdc.org.
How To View Archived Messages
How to Change Your Email Address or Edit Your Options
There are four different ways you can update your subscription email address and edit your subscription options.
- Log on to the list through the Web interface at http://stcwdc.org/mailman/listinfo/wdcb_annc_stcwdc.org, scroll to the bottom and enter your currently subscribed email address and password to visit the subscribers list. Click on Visit Subscriber List. Then click on your email address in the list. This will take you to your options page.
- Log on to the list through the Web interface at http://stcwdc.org/mailman/listinfo/wdcb_annc_stcwdc.org, scroll to the bottom and enter your currently subscribed email address in the last field on the page. Click on Unsubscribe or edit options. This will take you to your options page.
- Subscribe with the new email address then unsubscribe the old address.
For List Moderators and Managers Only: To Post a Message
The message will go to all the announcement list subscribers. (The announcement list works like a large broadcast mailing list—anything you post to the list goes out to everyone who is subscribed to the list.) This address is known as the "list address". (Only current subscribers may post to the list.)