- What is Communication?
- What is Noise in Communication?
- What is Technical Communication?
- I have a degree in English—what can I do with it?
- What does a technical writer do?
- How can I become a technical writer?
- How do I become a technical communicator?
- How do I get into this field without any experience?
- How much are technical communicators paid?
- How can I find a job in technical communication?
- What are some good reference books?
- Current Technical Communication Best Seller Books
- Graphics and Printing Books
- Writing and Editing Books
- Communication Careers Books
- Accessibility, Usability, & Web Development
- What are some good accessibility reference books? Recommended books about accessibility, disabilities, Internet accessibility, usability, and human performance.
- Computer Programming and Security
- What is STC?
- What types of professions do STC members have?
- How do I join STC?
- Are there any student chapters?
- Are there any special interest groups (SIGs)?
- Is there an annual conference?
- Where can I find more information about STC?
- What is our Chapter's History?
- Are there any photos from chapter events?
- How do I get graphics of the STC and chapter logos?
- Competition FAQs
- How do I get graphics of the Competition Award Badges?
- How do I give donations to or sponsor the chapter?
- PayPal FAQ
- How do I open zipped files?
- What is in the Chapter Archives?
- What is the Amazon Associates Program?
Support the chapter's operating expenses. The Amazon.com ads and text links on the website contain an ID code that identifies the Washington, DC – Baltimore (WDCB) Chapter in the Amazon.com Associates program. You may purchase books, gift cards, music, appliances, apparel, tools, computer software and hardware through these links. See our lists of suggested Reference Books for direct links to books. Items purchased through these links provide us with a commission percentage of each sale. (There is no change in the price of any item.) We use these funds to help support the chapter's budget for operating expenses, printing, and so forth.
For Qualifying Purchases of Products within product categories specified in Table 1 below, the Standard Program Fees accrued will be the corresponding fixed rate of Qualifying Revenue specified in this table:
TABLE 1 – Fixed Standard Program Fee Rates for Specific Product Categories
For all other Qualifying Purchases of Products, the Standard Program Fees accrued will be the corresponding variable rate of Qualifying Revenue specified in this table:
TABLE 2 – Variable Standard Program Fee Rates for Other Products
Contributions to the chapter's operating expenses provide support to the Austin T. Brown Technical Communication Award Competition for high school students and the Shirley G. Carter Memorial Award for college undergraduate and graduate students. For information about making a charitable donation to the chapter, see Corporate Sponsorship.