On this page:
Committee affiliation: Membership
The Membership Committee Manager sets the tone for the committee, leading the committee members to fulfill the duties of the membership committee as directed by the Administrative Council or Board of Directors.
- In November or December, develop a budget for planned projects for the year ahead.
- Guide members of the committee so that all committee duties are fulfilled.
- Develop and distribute a contact list of committee members and their roles.
- Welcome new members with an e-mail greeting, performed monthly.
- Submit membership material (additions, deletions, changes) to the Newsletter Editor monthly as well as articles to recruit and reward members as well as recognize members’ professional accomplishments.
- Update Welcome and New Member kits and brochures for distribution at monthly meetings and quarterly orientations.
- Organize and direct an active annual membership drive between October and December using membership recruiting brochures and with the help of the Hospitality and Publicity Committee managers.
- Manage the membership address files from Society
- Submit a monthly status report by e-mail to the President and Vice-President (or post to the Admin Council Group's monthly status reports files) regarding all current and upcoming committee activities.
The Membership Committee recruits new members, maintains lists of current and prospective members, answers questions prospective members might have, and sends them an information packet. The committee provides mailing labels for the newsletter, event flyers, and other related chapter business; publishes lists of new chapter members in the newsletter; may develop and publish a chapter membership directory; and generally seeks to increase chapter membership.
Experience and Skills
- Ability to lead a team and to work on a team
- Good time management
- Strong communication / interpersonal skills
- An outgoing and friendly personality
- Good organizational skills
- Able to meet deadlines and able to identify and report problems with meeting those deadlines; willing to ask for help when needed
- Previous experience managing a committee is a plus
20-40 hours per year.
If you are interested in serving the chapter as a volunteer, please fill in the Volunteer Signup form.