On this page:
Committee affiliation: Hospitality
- In November or December, develop a budget for planned projects for the year ahead (a sample budget is available).
- Guide members of the committee so that all committee duties are fulfilled.
- Develop and distribute a contact list of committee members and their roles.
- Purchase a selection of door prizes for monthly chapter meetings and other hospitality events, as agreed to by the President.
- Purchase small tokens of appreciation for monthly guest speakers, as agreed to by the President.
- Design and coordinate at least one innovative event for the membership with accompanying door prizes, if possible (for example, an interesting event location, a tour of a research or technical facility, or a casual holiday party).
- Submit a monthly status report by e-mail to the President and Vice-President (or post to the Admin Council Group's monthly status reports files) regarding all current and upcoming committee activities.
Experience and Skills
- Ability to lead a team and to work on a team
- Good time management
- Strong communication / interpersonal skills
- An outgoing and friendly personality
- Good organizational skills
- Able to meet deadlines and able to identify and report problems with meeting those deadlines; willing to ask for help when needed
- Previous experience managing a committee is a plus
1-3 hours per month.
If you are interested in serving the chapter as a volunteer, please fill in the Volunteer Signup form.
Last modified: February 17, 2016