On this page:
Committee affiliation: Finance
The Finance Committee supports the office of Chapter Treasurer.
- Work with the Competition Committee Manager and other committee managers in preparing a budget
- Monitor income and expenditures
- Review any contracts before they are signed
- Handle reimbursements to competition volunteers, payments to vendors, and STC
- Prepare a final financial report for the Competition Committee Manager
- Submit IRS form information
Experience and Skills
- Able to support or hold the office of the Treasurer
- Experience with budgets; especially zero-based budgets
- Strong communication / interpersonal skills
- An outgoing and friendly personality
- Good organizational skills
- Able to meet deadlines and able to identify and report problems with meeting those deadlines; willing to ask for help when needed
- Previous experience managing a committee is a plus
- Familiarity with spreadsheets
- Experience working with bank accounts and budgets
Varies according to the level of commitment and the number of projects planned.
If you are interested in serving the chapter as a volunteer, please fill in the Volunteer Signup form.