On this page:
Note: All links going to other websites will open in the same window. Use the Back button to return to our site.
What is STC?
The Society for Technical Communication (STC) is a Section 501(c)(3) organization for technical communicators. For more information about STC and the Washington, DC – Baltimore (WDCB) Chapter (WDCB) Chapter, see the following pages:
- STC History
- See our STC Information: Membership page for what the Washington, DC – Baltimore (WDCB) Chapter offers you as a member.
- STC Information: Join STC
Contacting STC Headquarters
Society for Technical Communication
9401 Lee Highway
Fairfax VA 22031
STC Annual Conference
- STC annual conference—Technical Communication Summit
Candidate resources, online voting, and information about STC elections for Society officers and Board members is available at STC Leadership Elections.
Related STC Chapters
STC chapters were once grouped into regions. In 2005, the regions were disbanded and individual chapters and special interest groups (SIGs) now work as separate communities. The following are chapters in our former region and other nearby chapters. The Washington, DC – Baltimore (WDCB) Chapter collaborates with these chapters and with others on projects of mutual interest.
Related STC Professional Chapters
- Charlotte Regional
- Europe SIG
- Philadelphia Metro
- Washington, DC – Baltimore (WDCB) Chapter
Find Other Professional STC Communities
For additional chapters, see STC Professional Chapters
For special interest groups (SIGs), see STC Special Interest Groups.
For a list of all STC student chapters, see STC Student Chapters
Starting a Student Chapter
Students who are interested in finding local certificate and degree programs
STC Reference List
- STC Society site
- Ethical Principles for Technical Communicators
- STC Academic Resources
- Download the STC 2016 Student Membership Flyer .pdf
- Download the STC 2016 Membership Benefits Flyer .pdf