On this page:
Welcome to the STC Washington, DC – Baltimore Chapter
The Washington, DC – Baltimore Chapter of the Society for Technical Communication (STC) serves members in the Washington, DC metropolitan area (the District of Columbia, Virginia, and Maryland) and the Baltimore metropolitan area (Baltimore, Eastern Shore, and Chesapeake Bay). We also have members who live in West Virginia, Delaware, Pennsylvania, California, Canada, and France! The Society for Technical Communication (STC) is a professional society of content strategists, writers, editors, and others who communicate technical content.
Note: All links going to other websites will open in the same window. Use the Back button to return to our site.
Chapter Events and News
Technical Communication Competition
Competition News: 12 December 2014
- The WDCB Chapter's 2014-2015 Summit Competition for Technical Communication entry deadline is closed. All entries were sorted and prepared for the judging teams. Judges will recieve judging packets as arranged to begin judging.
- Schedules for Entrants and Judges
Become a Sponsor
You can be a competition sponsor by donating to help pay for meeting location space, awards celebration expenses, help a student attend the awards celebration, defray the cost to send a BOS entry to the STC international competition, and so on. Read about our Partnership and Sponsorship program. Donate to the competition using PayPal—click the PayPal Donate button.
Chapter Volunteers Needed
Volunteer Openings Updated: 2014-06-09
Jobs & Resumes
Jobs Board and Resumes Board [check daily or subscribe to category RSS feeds]
Why should you join STC and the WDCB Chapter? The WDCB chapter offers opportunities to network with others in your field, to explore your interests, and to expand your education and skills.
STC has the resources you need to help you do your job better and move your career forward. Through education with STC, you can become a Certified Professional Technical Communicator™ (CPTC).
STC's News Feed
powered by RSS Just Better 1.3 plugin
- Discovering Columbus - 2 Dec 2014
- Publishing Perspectives: Editing - 26 Nov 2014
- Member Get a Member – Master Post - 25 Nov 2014
- STC International Summit Awards 2015 Call for Judges - 19 Nov 2014
powered by RSS Just Better 1.3 plugin
Partnerships & Sponsorships
The STC Washington, DC – Baltimore Chapter is always seeking sponsors for our monthly meetings. If you're interested in promoting your business or organization while supporting the tech comm (#techcomm) community in the Washington, DC – Baltimore (WDCB) area, we want to hear from you!
Partner with us
- Wish List for donations
- How to Donate Equipment or Services to the Chapter
- Past Chapter Partnerships & Sponsorships
- STC's 62nd Annual Conference: Technical Communication Summit 2014, 21-24 June 2015
- Session Materials from STC's 61st Annual Conference: Technical Communication Summit 2014
- Session Materials from STC's 60th Annual Conference: Technical Communication Summit 2013
- STC's Previous Annual Conferences Session Materials
- Annual Conference Dates
The Society for Technical Communication advances technical communication as the discipline of transforming complex information into usable content for products, processes, and services. STC serves its members by identifying and promoting best practices in the field and by demonstrating the economic value delivered by technical communicators. By providing lifelong learning opportunities, we help our members develop their skills and competencies so that they may advance in a variety of career paths.
Missing the old site…?
Not to worry…all is not lost. As a matter of fact, nothing is lost. In rolling us over to a new website, we have opted to move some stuff but save other stuff on the old site, intact, so we can still refer to it. Full of good information, we don't want to lose anything. Go to the Archives index.
For answers to frequently asked questions, see our FAQs.